3/12/07

Music Videos

So the past few days I've become pretty obsessed with this whole feminism thing. Its like I'm just now realizing how fucked up society is, in more ways that I thought. And I keep getting angrier and angrier, while on the other hand, feeling empowered and motivated to do something about it. I am for the first time in my life beginning to understand so many of the negative feelings and resentments I've internalized. Maybe this is just a phase, and I'll get over it - but I doubt it. I think to myself, how about only a few months ago I didn't even think of myself as a feminist - wanting to dissociate myself with all of its negative connotations these days.

Anyway, during one of our classes our prof. showed us the No Doubt video for "I'm Just a Girl." I used to love this song a few years ago, but never actually paid attention to what it was SAYING. Many of my favorite songs are actually making points about society and these very issues that I care about! I have been singing along, while remaining completely and utterly naive. Anyway, some youtube videos for you of said songs. My respect for these artists has just doubled. =)

Christina Aguilera ft. Lil' Kim - Can't Hold Us Down


No Doubt (Gwen Stefani) - I'm Just A Girl


Pink - Stupid Girls

No comments: