3/12/07

I Am Basque

My father is 100% Basque, and my mother is 75% Basque, making me.. very Basque. hah. Anyway I had always heard things about how we were different, blah blah blah, with certain distinct physical features and a different language but never really thought much of it until now. I decided to investigate and came across this really interesting article, which maybe I shouldn't give so much credit - but is still intersting.

The Article


It described my physical characteristics perfectly. Apparently we might descend from a different species?
Oh and Euskera (The language of the Basques) is the oldest language in Europe, is unrelated to any other language, and no one really knows where it came from. Cool.

According to wikipedia:

"Surrounded by Romance-language speakers, the Basques traditionally spoke (and many still speak) a language that was not only non-Romance but non-Indo-European. Although the evidence is open to question, the prevailing belief among Basques, and forming part of their national identity, is that their language has continuity to the people who were in this region not merely in pre-Roman times, but in pre-Celtic times, quite possibly before the great invasions of Europe by Asian tribes."



No comments: